Our house isn’t much for sports…..Football is the only exception. Each year Rob roots for his team, the underdog, Houston Texans, and each year they break his heart by not making it to the super bowl. But, like you families who huddle around the tv, computer, and even radio during the Stanley Cup, Rob is the same during the playoffs and Super Bowl.
When it comes to the super bowl parties, we like to make sure we never come empty handed and if we are throwing it, we have fan favorites for everyone.
With the help of Tostitos Canada, we took to the kitchen and built 3 different recipes to have you covered this Super Bowl. Check them out below.
3 Recipes For Your Super Bowl Party
Steak Fajita Style Nachos
- 1 10oz steak, cooked and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Jalapenos sliced thin
- Tomatoes chopped
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- Half a head of Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- 1 Jar Medium Tostitos Salsa
- 1 Bag Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
- 1 Bag Tostitos Hint of Jalapeño Tortilla Chips
- Mix steak in bowl with BBQ sauce and place to the side
- Mix both bags of chips together in a big bowl. Place 1/3 of mixed chips on a baking sheet
- Top chips with 1/3 of the cheese and then start to layer 1/3 of each tomatoes, peppers, onion and jalapenos.
- Repeat the layers twice more always starting with cheese
- Top the nachos with the marinated steak and place in oven at 425-450 for about 10 mins until cheese is melted on all levels.
- Once melted, remove from oven and top with lettuce. Serve with Tostitos Medium Salsa and Sour Cream.
Check out our How-To video here: https://youtu.be/c8jSc-4ZnuY
Katie Rose’s Famous 5 Layer Dip
- 1 container of Sour Cream
- 1 block of Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Guacamole (we use homemade)
- 1 jar of Tostitos Medium Salsa Con Queso
- 1 jar of Tostitos Mild Roasted Garlic Salsa
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- 1 bag of Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips
- Mix Sour Cream and cream cheese together in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth
- Spread Sour Cream mixture into bottom of dip dish
- Top with a layer of Guacamole, then a layer of Salsa con Queso, then the salsa
- Finish off by spreading the cheese on an even layer on top.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops Tortilla chips
Mexican Chopped Salad (Vegetarian option)
- ½ cup of Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups of tomatoes chopped
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup corn (we used canned, but use fresh in the summer)
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers drained and sliced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 ½ cups Tostitos Rolls tortilla chips
- Heat oil, garlic, spices, sugar, and salt over medium heat in a small sauce pan until garlic begins to sizzle.
- Place oil mixture in a blender with lime juice, green onion, and cilantro until smooth.
- Mix salad ingredients together. We like to go for presentation and mix right before serving.
- Serve dressing on the side to allow guests to top their salad themselves.
If you need additional inspiration, head to Tostitos.ca for any difficulty level, time or even any ingredient you have to work with. Let us know who you are rooting for. I’ll be there for the half-time show 😉