Halleluja! We finally woke up to snow this morning. And, although the lingering stomach flu from this weekend is still there, seeing the white fluffy snow out our window makes today a bit easier to handle.
This snow also has inspired us to get a list together of winter activities we would like to do as a family. I mean, really there’s only 3 months left max to get through them all.
But like always, putting our plans out there makes them more official and makes us more accountable. So, I have put a list of fun winter activities that we would like to do below.
Winter Activities In Nova Scotia
- Skiing/ snowboarding at Martock: This activity has been on our to-do list for a while now. But, with Aubrey now at a good age to start and be able to listen better, this year seems to be the year to try it. Obviously Poppy is still too young so I will either stay behind with her or make it a special day with Aubrey and have Poppy looked after while Rob and I spend quality time with him.
- Sugar Moon Farm: Sugar moon is a maple syrup farm about an hour and a half away from us. Growing up with a father who tapped his own trees and made maple syrup my whole childhood, I really miss the taste of fresh and homemade. We have never been but each year we see so many people go and this year will be the year.
- Snowshoeing: A few years ago, Rob and I were gifted Snowshoes for Christmas. Since it has been such a fun exercise for the family. We usually just do the back logging roads at my parents but may explore more trails this year.
- Ross Farm Museum: We have always taken our kids to Ross Farm in the summer. This year we want to show them what it looks like with a coat of snow, with sleigh rides and hot cocoa.
- Nova Scotia Ice Wine Festival: Sans kids, obviously. I have always wanted to attend the Ice Wine Festival, and this year it falls on my birthday so it seems like its the perfect date for Rob and I to celebrate 31.
- Delaps Cove Waterfall: This beauty of a trail close to Rob’s hometown will be worth the hike and will get us moving outdoors this winter.
- Quebec Winter Carnival: We have always wanted to see the Quebec City winter festival and this year looks like the year it will happen. Don’t worry, we will try to document it all and let you all in on the experience, including the road trip.
What do you have on your list this winter?