Growing up on a hobby veggie farm with a father who is obsessed with potatoes, I think its safe to say that I have had my lifetime share of white potatoes before I had even hit my teens. Enter in the Sweet potato. These orange beauties are filled with so much goodness for you and are a perfect way to get in your starches and carbs (especially for you runners). To start the year out right with a quick breakfast after a late night, I quickly whipped up these amazing Sweet Potato and Smoked Salmon Latkes for my family and I. They are healthy, paleo friendly and are super easy to make. The biggest taste test would have to have been my dad tasting one of ours before asking me to make him one. Being a picky man and not liking new things, I didn’t know how he would react. But, he gobbled it up. That means you know they must be tasty.
What you’ll need:
- 3 sweet potatoes (serves 4)
- 2 beaten eggs for in latkes, and 1 fried egg per each serving
- Hot or Cold Smoked Salmon, broken into chunks
- 1 cup of cooking oil
What you do:
- Set over to 400 degrees F
- Grate sweet potatoes or use a food processor. Place grated potato into a bowl and add beaten eggs. Mix together. I used my hands.
- Form eggs and potato mixture into 9 patties on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure they are flat and packed
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 40 mins
- Once patties have been taken out, place in a pan on medium-high heat with hot oil. Fry for 3 minutes on each side. Place back in oven to keep warm.
- in heated pan, fry your eggs.
- Once eggs are cooked, place latkes on a plate (2-3 each plate) spread salmon on top and then cover top with fried egg
Katie Rose xo