As you regular readers must have caught on by now, I have three styles of hair. Day of washing is usually down and wavy. Day two usually is down or Up in a bun or ponytail. And, Lastly, day three resembles something up in the form of braids. But, with my days getting busier and Aubrey getting more active. I have to get ready in no time at all and am usually left doing my makeup in the car. Because if that, I have been experimenting with fast ways to do my hair and look polished for those morning meetings etc. This braided undo style has to be one of my fastest and by far my favourite. Check out how to recreate it on yourself:
What you will need:
- Bobby Pins
- Hairbrush (I use a wet brush)
- clear little elastics
- Start with damp hair. To me, this means after I shower I get dressed, do my make up, teeth, etc and then do my hair last.
- Divide your hair into a right and left section following your part
- Divide each of those sections in half
- Braid each section and secure with clear elastic, so that you end up with 4 braids (hint: try to make each braid start as close to your ears as possible)
- Take on of the bottom braids, and cross it over to the opposite side behind the opposite ear ( wrap it around that sides bottom braid), Flip ends in and secure with bobby pin.
- Repeat on opposite side
- Then take top braid from one side and cross it to other side. Tuck ends into braids and secure.
- Repeat on other side
- Go around and secure the whole bun with baby pins until it feels like it will last the day.
- Head out of the house and LOOK FIERCE!
If you like how-tos like this from me, please let me know and let me know what you would like me to show you.
Katie Rose xo