Nothing like Celebrating the Gold Medal match in the Olympics for Canadian Hockey with meat and potatoes…eh!
Yesterday on our gorgeous waterfront walk, we arrived at the farmers market just in time to grab so paleo friendly spicy italian sausages from a local farm and butcher. It inspired me to make an early morning skillet for this morning’s big game. It was delicious.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 orange sweet pepper diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 sausages taken out of casings
- 2 sweet potatoes shredded (I did it in my new food processor)
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado sliced
- turn broiler on high. Place iron skillet over medium heat on stove with 2tbsp of coconut oil
- add onion into skillet and brown
- add sweet pepper and garlic to skillet and cook until soft
- now add sausage out of casing and brown
- once sausage is cooked, add sweet potatoes and cook until soft
- create 4 wells on mixture and crack an egg into each well
- place 6 inches away from broiler in oven and cook 2 mins for runny yolk, 3 mins for Medium, and 4 for hard
- take out of oven, garnish with sliced avocado and serve immediately from skillet.
Enjoy, and good luck Canadian Boys!!
Katie Rose xo