Happy New Years! I can’t believe 2020 is finally put to an end. And although there were lots of lows in the year (hello cancelled wedding season), With Rob not shooting weddings and family photos, we got ALOT done to our home over the last year. So, whats left for 2021 projects?
Well, in August, we will have owned this home for three years. In that time we have pretty much done all the major renovations that we can fit into our budget. Yes gutting the kitchen and making it a dream kitchen would be amazing, but knowing that this home will hopefully be an Airbnb In the coming years, we just don’t see the need to fully renovate a kitchen that works.
So in saying all of that, 2021 will be focussing on all of the small projects. Projects with smaller budgets and shorter timelines. I’m talking shelving, adding trim to walls, and making the odd wood item in between. But, like any goal, you get to it faster if you write it down.
So here are our plans for the bigger (smaller than last year) projects in the next year!
- Finally ripping out the upper cabinets in our kitchen, tiling the whole alcove and adding floating shelving.
- Hacking an inexpensive piece of furniture into built-in shelving and cabinets around the doorway in our front Living room
- Re-doing the floors in our kitchen. The previous owners prepped them before we bought them but never ended up sealing them. Now they have tons of stains and look like poop (literally, our dog has pooped on them and stained them) This is a DIY Rob wants to tackle the spring on his own. Do you think he can do it?
- Re-doing the front living room floors to be stained the same color as the rest
- a Wall of built-in wardrobes in our bedroom to add all of the space for our linens etc.
- Add board and batton to our family room to turn the class up a notch
- landscape the backyard so that t becomes a second living space with pea stone gravel etc.
- and our most exciting thing yet, RE LAUNCH OUR ONLINE STORE, fully stocked with beautiful home items that you will find in our home and be able to purchase for your own.
Head be low to see some of our biggest Inspo shots for the next year, We cant wait to bring you with us!