I was always in Brownie and 4H growing up. At christmas time, we would do tons of crafts to give as gifts. One craft that always stuck with me was potato stamping your own christmas wrap. It is super easy and cost hardly anything. As I get older, I like simpler presents. That’s why this year I`ve decided to do a throwback to my Brownie days and make all my own gift wrapping. Using left over craft supplies and some brown paper and a potato, I crafted up my wrapping paper. Here are a few simple steps on how to do it too:
- roll out the brown paper ( buy it at the post office or dollar store)
- take a potato and cut it in half
- cut your desired shape/shapes into the cut side
4. Put desired paint color onto plate and dip potato, cut side down, into it
5. Stamp potato stamper onto paper, adding more paint when needed ( I did one color than the second)
6. Let dry for a few hours
7. While drying I cut the same shape out of red felt to add color to the present, then cut a hole in each star
8. Wrap each present, then tie twine around each.
9. Before tying twine at top, slide a star onto the twine
10. Instead of adding a label, I used stamps to put our names on them.
Voila, Your Done!
Katie Rose xo