With everyone stuck inside, baking has become a way to pass time and breads and cookies seem to be the items people are gravitating to. I don’t blame them. Baking brings such a sense of calm and eating something you’ve made by hand is comforting in such a crazy time.
I LOVE a good London fog and a cookie from our local coffee shop. But, with that being a distant thing to have again, I decided to marry the two together in this simple cookie recipe that tastes UNREAL.
The Best and Easiest Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp earl grey loose tea (I emptied a few tea bags)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- In a food processor, blend together flour, tea and salt until the flour looks spelled throughout with the tea.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until a dough has formed.
- Place dough on a piece of plastic wrap or a large beeswax wrap and roll with hands into a log about 3 inches wide.
- Wrap up and place in fridge for 30 mins.
- Remove from fridge and wrap and slice into medallions, about 1/3 an inch thick.
- place medallions onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in oven at 375 degree Oven for 12 mins.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy with Tea or coffee.